entertainingblogrecipes
KansasCityWeddingsMenu
The Bliss List
item3
The Blog
KC REAL WEDDINGS  |
Logowbackground
 become a bliss list
StudioDanMeiners
subscribe

Thursday, May 20, 2010

DIY | Custom Painted Aisle Runner | Pew Cones


Customized aisle runners can cost hundreds of dollars. I created this runner for last weekend's wedding for just under $100! I used blackout drapery lining as the runner in an ivory/white that I ordered from Joanns.com with a 40% off coupon - a great deal on 25 yards of fabric. It came in the mail perfectly rolled up on a ream.

I started by enlarging the monogram on my computer then printing it. I cut it out with scissors and centered it on the runner about 10 feet from the end of the runner (so monogram was 10 feet from the entrance of the aisle).

I traced the monogram with a pencil on the runner.


N
ext, I mixed paint colors in a grey and a lapis blue/purple color. I painted it directly onto the runner using painters tape to help with straight lines.

After I had finished and it had dried, I covered the monogram with parchment paper and taped it into place so when I rolled it the paint did not smudge.

Here is the runner in the church. The 54" fabric was a perfect fit to the 6' aisle. We roped off the aisle with a ribbon to keep guests from walking on it - they were seated from the outside of the pews and the ribbon was removed just before the processional.

I secured the edges with pearl pins every 5 feet to keep it from shifting.

We also made these cone pews that we placed every 5 pews. We started with styrofoam cones and hollowed out a cup in the top to place the oasis floral foam for the flowers. Next we pinned fabric around the con and secured it in the back to hide the seams.


Attach them to the pews by wrapping the cones with ribbon, single knotting it and then tying them from inside the pew.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

item2a2a1
occasions
IMG4794
DSC2447
item2a2a2
ColorPaletteSophisticated
shawgibbs
Ads1a2b
blisslogostl
SIKCUnionStationRogers071205
Ads1a1a1
item2
Ads1a1a1a
a97a59719eo
Ads1a1a1b
blueandpinkscake
Ads1a1a1a1a
Ads1a1a
JMH0788
Ads1a1a1a1
FacebookJandaMac01
Logowbackground  become a bliss list item2a2a1 item2a2a2