Post by guest bloggers from Soiree Event Designs - Bliss List Members!
1. If your venue is already providing white or ivory linens, you can add a colored or patterned overlay or napkin to add a splash of color and personal style.
2. Most venues will require that you remove all items brought in for the reception that night, so you will need to designate vehicles for all items including gifts, décor, rental returns etc. to be loaded.
3. Make sure that you make plans for end of the night transportation. You can either schedule a limo or town car to pick you up, or designate a friend or family member to transport you or to call you a cab.
4. If you plan to have a buffet you may want to have someone gradually release the guest tables to avoid congestion and long lines at the buffet.
5. Check with your caterer to see if they charge a cake cutting fee. If so, you will need to give this consideration when figuring the “per slice” price of your cake.
6. If you are taking any off site pictures you will need to clear your arrival with some of the more popular landmarks in Kansas City. The ones that require this may have policies and guidelines for your wedding party and photographer.
7. Creating a welcome bag for out of town guests that includes maps and local attractions can greatly enhance their wedding weekend experience and make them more comfortable about getting around town.
8. Creating a list of family photos and groups you would like to capture during formal photos can be really helpful to maximize time and organization in between the ceremony and reception. This shot list will also serve as a timeline for those guests so they know where they need to be and when they need to be there.
9. As you plan you should start filling in a timeline that will instruct everyone involved on where and when they need to be throughout the entire weekend. This can cut down on a lot of chaos and questions at an already stressful time.
10. There are a lot of details to coordinate with all of your vendors, family and guests. The most important thing to do the day of your wedding is to enjoy yourselves. You may want to consider meeting with a coordinator to discuss coordinating options for your needs. A coordinator can ensure that there aren’t any details that have been forgotten, and execute the day – relieving you of the stress. We offer a few different packages with different levels of service to fit every brides needs.