entertainingblogrecipes
KansasCityWeddingsMenu
The Bliss List
item3
The Blog
KC REAL WEDDINGS  |
Logowbackground
 become a bliss list
StudioDanMeiners
subscribe

Monday, February 9, 2009

Congrats : Ashley & Jeremy!

The winner of our "Engaged" Contest is... Ashley & Jeremy!   Congratulations!  Ashley & Jeremy win a "Day Of" planning package from me, Jenny Steffens, and an engagement session from EpagaFOTO!  

I selected this unique engagement story because of Jeremy's thoughtfulness, thorough planning... and the adorable video!   Read Ashley's submission essay below and watch this video - get out the tissues!



On December 19th, 2008, I was coming home from work on Friday, because my boss emailed everyone saying "due to the weather, we could go home early."  Little did I know, this was just a ploy to get me out of the office and headed home!  Upon arriving home, I grabbed the mail, and out of the corner of my eye, I could see that there are rose petals scattered in the hallway leading up to my apartment door.  I started shaking a proceeded to walk into our apartment, to find Jeremy standing there waiting for me.  He said some beautiful things before getting down on one knee and proposing.  I of course said YES!

He had flowers all over the apartment, along with champagne!  We were suppose to be going back to KC for the weekend, and Jeremy told me that no one besides my parents know, since he had asked their permission back in September.  Since our flight was "delayed" to KC, we began plotting how we would tell our families when we go there.  Well, about 30 minutes later, there was a know at the door... I opened the door to find my parents, my sister, his parents, his sister and her husband!  SURPRISE!  They had flown in from KC and would stay the entire weekend to help celebrate!  First we were headed to Pops for Champagne for drinks, then to David Burke's Primehouse, where Jeremy had reserved a private room for us and our families.  I must also note that Jeremy actually bought the plane tickets to KC even though he knew the whole time we weren't going home!  He just knew my so well, with my Type-A personality!  

The next surprise of the night... He gave me a card that said, "What if... You could go anywhere in the US..."  and then opened the envelop to find tickets to NYC - my absolute favorite place to be during the holidays!

The rest of the evening was filled with celebrations with our families, followed by a brunch the next morning before we headed to NYC.  We spend the next two days in NYC, enjoying the holiday lights, ambiance of the city, and wonderful dinners.  It was the perfect way to begin the next chapter of our lives together!! 
~Ashley

2 comments:

Janelle Vano said...

What a romantic story and wonderful video! It's an absolute treasure and I'm sure their grandkids will enjoy watching it with them one day!

I love how she can't stop giggling :)

Adrienne Maples said...

That was so adorable!! What a cute couple :) and such a thoughtful way to make your proposal special.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

item2a2a1
occasions
IMG4794
DSC2447
item2a2a2
ColorPaletteSophisticated
shawgibbs
Ads1a2b
blisslogostl
SIKCUnionStationRogers071205
Ads1a1a1
item2
Ads1a1a1a
a97a59719eo
Ads1a1a1b
blueandpinkscake
Ads1a1a1a1a
Ads1a1a
JMH0788
Ads1a1a1a1
FacebookJandaMac01
Logowbackground  become a bliss list item2a2a1 item2a2a2